samedi 8 décembre 2018

Swing low, sweet chariot & Christmas market (Sylvanian)


When François told me what my Christmas gift is going to be, I was sooo happy because I've been wanting this one for ages. He spent quite a lot (let's say it : too much) but he wanted one that has a chance to come home before the end of the year...


When he told me, I had this song in mind LOL
"Swing low, sweet chariot, coming for to carry me home"
Sounds like I'm the queen of "WHO else in the world remember those very old songs ?!"

As he thought it was not really enough, he also bought from a girl in France a set of 3 badgers + one damaged, it was a kind of "set of spare characters" so there is another used family but I can't tell which one (he probably didn't understand it as well). He knows I love badgers. And skunk. And any animal people usually don't care for LOL. Skunks were too expensive, so... let's go for a bunch of badgers !

So, here is what I am supposed to get *excited, excited*
I know there is no chair/table, no horse, but it's not bad, right ? I can put back a roof on the tree house, it's going to be easy. I wish I could sell a couple of things to get my hands on some cute items I saw on various websites, but for now I have to save for the house emergency rehabilitation, it's taking all my time, money, and energy... grrrr

Well, now let's speak about the Christmas market.
I found back my led garlands, so I could put light in my little stalls. Stalls and lights are from Action, the "cheap" (they tend to increase their price) shop I always talk about.
If only I could find back some other things I saved JUST to decorate this market, it would be great... Sometimes I wonder if there is a tiny elf playing with my nerves, hidding things all the time
those will be the 2 main stalls, one with all the little gifts you can find on a Christmas market (except here, where they now sell only plastic things you can find everywhere else...huh), and the other ones will be cakes, sweets, etc. There will be a hot cocoa corner too... and a surprise silly other "booth"

this is the battery operated light I'm using, a led ribbon, a little bit over  a yard long (1m)
As you see on the 1rst pictures, it sounds like the shops get enough light to look nice, but in fact NO. It's just because I am using a flash. See the next picture

Quite dark isn't it ?
Now with the lights, it's really better !

Do not panic, it's not going to "burn" LOL, it's just because I didn't use the flash, with it it's going to be perfect. It's Christmas, it has to sparkle LOL
I also found a cute tiny tree, with lights (!) to complete the scenery.
Now I'm trying to find a way to create a skating ring...no idea yet I'm afraid
:-(






2 commentaires:

  1. Hi Arcadia!
    I´ve been catching up with your blog and I´ve seen your christmas corner on one of your older posts. Now I see you´re doing an amazing job with the stalls. They are going to look fantastic, actually , they already do. You´re very talented!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you so much !! I really helped a lot with those little stalls, they are basic kits from a kind of "cheap" shop, they sell some early in november, as they cost nothing (less than 2€) it's very hard to get some, but this year I managed to get 2, and that's great. I have 2 others that I plan to use as regular shops, maybe a magazine/newspapers stall, the other I don't know yet :-) The tiny Sylvanian shops are not getting too pricey for me, I decided those can do the trick...

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...