mardi 4 décembre 2018

About modeling


Just a quick message to talk about modeling pastes.
I'm no more into Fimo or other polymere clays. In fact, I prefer (really really really) resin. Alas I have to import it, and it's costing me too much, my budget can't match. So, I guess I'll stick to nasty clay, but it's not my choice... If you want an advice before starting here we go


so, from left to right, you have :
- fimo effect, and "modelyne". I don't like those much, really... Just like regular fimo
- fimo soft is a bit better, you don't break your fingers on it
- regular sculpey is almost fine
- and if I have the choice, Premo sculpey is my fav

on a different level, those very cheap sets by Action are as good as the expensive other choices... just it's pretty hard to get some. If I have to stick to polymere, that's what I'll go for !

about making molds, everybody sounds like loving Oyumaru.... I hate it. HATE.
If someone wants my leftovers, they are yours, just wave the hand !
I
I'm not much a "mold" girl, but if I have to make one, I go for
easy, strong, efficient...
But quite expensive...

Now let's speak about those that don't need the use of the oven

plumo is my fav, but it's pretty hard to get some AND it's quite expensive AND it dries very quickly in the packet
Almost the same, but harder to get, and drying even more quickly is angel clay.
I had the chance to find big buckets of it for almost nothing at Noz months ago



easier to find : WePam

dries less, you can keep an open package for quite a long time
You have to mix it much because if you don't, your paste will not be smooth, and you have the high risk to see your miniature cracking while drying

I suggest you get some plastic tool, a glass rod to flaten the paste, and some cutters. Those are way too big for 1/12eme size, but I love the cutters, they are really sharp, and the tools are nice to use

If you want to buy molds, there are way too many on the market. From the very cheap hard plastic ones you see on the left, to padico and such flexible ones.
If you want my advice, they can help, but it's not giving great results. Go for a siligum one if you can, and good tiny cutters

this is what angel clay and other light clays look like (no flash to show the "creamy" style)
I'm not talking about resins, you have a bunch of tutorials on youtube and such, and they are so hard to get/expensive that I believe few would want to put that much money and effort to get this material. In case of need, I can talk about those too, just ask



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...