vendredi 28 décembre 2018

Computer things and new Sylvanian corner

If you don't want to read the whole story, you can scroll down to the picture :-)

First of all, I just wanted to tell you I have troubles reading blogs because I see NO pics on most of them. Including my own one LOL.... I've been told several people have the same problem, sounds like it's an update of something that went wrong, but as I am a total modern computer idiot I'm not able to fix it. It's VERY boring. From what I can see, there is only 1 plateform on which I can see the pics (edit : it's on blogger and blogspot where I have the biggest problem, but not only, alas).

As I speak about it, people always wonder why I didn't follow on technology. Well... I first loved computers, I was really interested in ...maybe 30 years ago. It was those old days when google didn't even exist, at least on my side of the world, we were using Copernic to search for informations, you could still easily type commands (basic ones), viruses and fishing and all those nuisance (including the main one : advertising) were totally inexistant...You could chat with someone in another country and trade postal addresses without any fear. People were SO happy to see they can just speak to someone on the other side of the world that nobody had the will to make a mess out of it. My first printer was one with a bunch of needles, and the printing test was printing a marvelous picture of a peacock with all the colors available at that time... magic ! LOL. I could manage the first years of phone technology as well. But soon I felt into poverty, and had nobody around to tell me/show me/teach me the new items on the market. Little by little I got lost. I'm now much under the poverty rate of my country, so getting a fancy smartphone is not even an option. I use a very basic one, cheap, that is good enough for the only use I have of it : sending SMS. My computer is mostly used to send emails, communicate with some web friends, help me with my genealogy things and is a support for my collection searchings/findings/learning. I used to have several blogs, personal life, cooking, crafts, collecting... but with the new media forms like facebook or instagram I lost interest in writing, and closed most of my blogs. I believe I'm not working on the same "speed" as people, I prefer reading stories, see pictures of "real life" etc... Facebook is too "basic", tweeter I'm not even on, instagram looks more like if people wanted to compet on who has the best perfectly smooth life... Don't misunderstand me, I love seeing all those nice pictures but... it's like when I visit a town, I don't want to see only the touristic clean and formated places. I also want to see the subburbs where people are struggling for life, I want to see the WHOLE thing to have a realistic overview. When I went to Paris years ago my ex husband showed me the Champs Elysées, the Eiffel tower... ok... but there are 2,2 million people living in Paris, and only 82 on the Champs Elysées... WHY showing me only the temple of the "luxe" ?! I asked him to go through the ugliest and most dangerous places, at this time the forum of the Halles wasn't renewed. I insisted to go up to the lowest level. He was scared to death. I wanted to see the bad subburbs with the prostitutes. I wanted to see the people living under the bridges. Then I could go back home and say ok, I saw the town. The whole town.
Well, this all to say I belong to a dead specie of old boring people who do not match modern life and progress. I can't follow and I'm pretty sure I'm not much interested in. So, I guess I'm too far behind to ever get "into the big things" about it, and that's why I'm not even searching how I can fix this picture viewing problem, even if it's getting on my nerves HARD. Maybe another update, later, will solve it by itself. If not... let it be ! LOL


So, now, on the Sylvanian side, let's speak about the last corner I'm installing. As I already said François got me a gypsy caravan from the UK. The parcel came totally crushed and opened. I don't know who did it, I thought it should be the customs or postal services, but now I start to doubt about it. The seller promised she is going to search for the missing part (shaft), is going to send me pictures of the parcel ready to go, and contact me around the 22. A week has past, no news. Am I going to bother contacting her again ? No. I have no time/energy for this. I don't want to open a case with ebay, because François would know how bad it is and be too sad. I did not left a feedback, and put her on my blacklist. Not many people goes on it, but I believe we are all able to make a parcel that is sturdy enough and protected enough, or at least send appologizes and arrange this. Already got the same trick with the old oak tree, I bought 13 before only one came to me. The 12 others came from not serious people, including one who simply stole my money. With the few I have, you can imagine it was a real tragedy.
So, the caravan is partly destroyed, many pieces are missing, hinges broken, etc... and I can't tell François how bad it is or he would be too sad. He is someone very emotional, just like me, I don't want to spoil his gift to me. I'll have to arrange whatever I can. Believe me, it's not going to be easy...
First of all, I just ordered (from a UK seller I already bought to, and so I know she is serious and caring) a shaft, and as she had a small ladder I got it too, as it was not increasing shipping cost (the small one of the other caravan). Because yes, after finding this red roof one, I found on french ebay one with the green roof. It sold for really few compared to the regular price of it, so I went ahead, and François helped me get it too. For this one I knew it was not complete, but it was finally a great surprise as there's even a horse (not the original one, but I don't care), the shaft, and so I miss parts that are not essential to me (for a real collector it would be a disaster, for me it's ok).

So, the 1rst one is missing all the dishes and table, chairs, hanging pots, the ligh is not working (didn't try changing the battery), I miss the sleeping bags, the ladder, the horse, the saddle... and the roof hinges are broken. Whuuuuuuuu... I have some extra horses, so I chose one to just be there and complete a little bit (it's a way to focus on something else than the disaster LOL)

The green roof one is missing the chimney, the stove, the dishes, the saddle, the hanging beds, a broken shelf, and surely miss more than this (as I ordered the back stairs let's say it's going to look a little bit better...LOL). I don't even know HOW this roof is attached to the caravan, it's making my brain burn, I don't get it LOL

I got with the 1rst parcel a not complete "house in the tree", missing ladder and roof, and badgers, some are really dirty some are nice. With this whole mess, I'm planning to make a kind of forest camp for the Sylvanian who are looking for a life close to nature. Count me in : my dream would have been to have a cabin in the woods, or live in those marvelous airstream caravans... LOL
Here you go for a picture of the whole thing, before I start working on it (already tried to glue/attach a couple of things). And just in case it was not enough, François gave me a kind of...???... plant support ? made of wood (fragile ++) to enclose in the diorama (not pictured)... Please... no more... LOL... I really don't know what I can do with this whole mess... but believe me it's going to take "some" time before you can see pictures of it as a "ok, I can show it now without people fainting"
oook.... picture

As they say "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp LOL

PS : for those reading my other blog about my stupid silly life, I know there are troubles posting messages, don't be upset, it's not on your side, it's a general bug. I'm putting new posts today, let's see if it works better well, if not please keep on using the "contact the author" bloc thanks (and sorry for the troubles)


2 commentaires:

  1. Hi Arcadia!
    I can understand how you´re feeling about computers and I really hope you can find a way to be able to see pictures on blogs again. That would drive me mad!
    I´m really sorry to hear what happened to the gypsy caravan Françoise got for you. I can imagine your disappointment and frustration when you received the parcel in such a bad state! Some sellers should be banned!

    You´re very creative, talented and good at crafts so I´m sure you´ll be able to create a wonderful gypsy campsite for the family of badgers. Take your time and enjoy working in this new project.
    I´d love to see it when you think it´s ready.

    Happy New Year!

    A big hug!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Wishing you a wonderful new Year !
      I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of work I'll have on this forest campsite... LOL... I don't even know what I should start... probably the tiny house in the tree, sounds like a more reasonable start heehee
      Sounds like the computer troubles are over (or so), I got a new loooooong update for something, and tadaaaaaaaa the pictures are back... except that some people don't see some of my pictures anymore... LOL. WHO said computers were there to make our life easier ? LOL
      Hugs from France and thank you for your comments that always encourage me :-)
      Nathalie / Arcadia

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...