vendredi 28 décembre 2018

Hasagawa Kit - gashapon / capsule machine

I bought this kit because I was totally fed-up & upset with people telling me "I promise to get for you a gashapon 1/12th scale machine". I mean... People always promise me things, and I hardly get 1% of those. I usually believed them, and didn't get it by myself, to find weeks later they are not going to help me (for any reason, sometimes they don't even bother giving me one), and the item is now OOP so too expensive, or simply totally impossible to get. I've learnt my lesson well with a bunch of things like japanese sets, parts of sylvanian items, etc. I started to act a bit different when it came to sylvanian school kids. I badly wanted the set. I asked, got positive answers... and then I went ahead and got one by myself. It surely costed me more than the "real" price but no way. I got some angry answers telling me it's stupid, they would have provide me one for less.... But they never did so I'm really happy that I followed my intuition.
Now with the gashapon, I got maybe 6 or 7 promises. None came. I wanted to get a ready made miniature. No luck... Arghhhh... I then learnt about kits, and thought "why not ?". The same people who promised and never sent anything started to tell me they are bad quality kits, they are too hard to build if you don't speak japanese, etc... NO WAY. The first time I saw one on sale at half price, I simply bought it.

Ok, now on the "quality" and "do able" part, here you go for a review
the kit comes in a sturdy box, it travelled in a simple envelop and nothing got broken, so the box is strong enough to face postal troubles. First positive point !

there is no instruction sheet, and first it really drove me into panic. As long as I had several strokes, I thought maybe they are right, I'll fail building it. But finally the pictures are really clear, and if you are able to build a very simple thing, you can manage it with NO stress at all. 2nd positive point : the instructions are printed on the box, no risk to loose them, and they are even clearer than an Ikea one LOL

the bunch of little parts was a bit frightening but if you just cut things one by one, it's very easy to identify the parts. 

the plastic is resistant just enough to make a strong item, but not too much for you can cut all the little boo-boos with a cutter. 



ok, this front clear plastic part is THE only piece that needs a little bit of calm for you put it in place. Once you get it's just fitting perfectly and that you don't have to push it inside the white one, it's so easy !





I like the idea that you have a large choice for the front deco, I even made one cutting a sylvanian catalogue LOL

you have a whole bag of fake capsules (beads), really a lot, and 6 more real capsules per machine. It's a bit tricky to clear all the tiny attachments, but really the result is way over what I expected


the second stressing part was to put the top in place. It's easy but I was afraid to push until I hear the "click", I'm always afraid something can break. But NO, everything went well.
3rd positive point : not only building it is easy, but it's also a good quality !

then you simply put the bottom part in place, and you have attachments to gather 2 machines, if you decide to place them side by side. You can also remove the blue top and pile them up.
4rth positive point : you have several possibilities !



you also have attachments for the back, and when they are settled, with the bottom one, the machines don't move anymore, they don't separate even if you shake it all directions


this is an itty bitty capsule *too cute*
To build it, from the time I opened the box to the time I finished it, including the time to take pictures, it was less than 10mn.
Do I recommand those kits ?
YES
Negative point ?
NONE
I'm planning -if I ever see another discounted kit of this brand- to get more. 
I wish I could have gotten a more "fancy" one like those but this one is just perfect !

2 commentaires:

  1. Hi Arcadia!
    I didn´t know there were these kind of DIY kits. You wrote a great review!
    Your capsule machine looks perfect. Really cute!



    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello ! :-) I discovered those kits not that long ago... I was very shy about it, but it was a great surprise to see how easy they are to build :-) Now I hope I'll be able to get the crate machine too, my sylvanian need some new toys heehee :-)

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...