jeudi 31 janvier 2019

Finished ceiling rehab

Pics are better than long explanations, so I'll keep them basic
I've been putting wood rods into the holes, and used a kind of adhesive mortar

then used a little bit of broken plaques of styrofoam to make it at the same level as the rest of the ceiling

finally covered everything with the plaques

ok, it's not "nice" at all, but it's SO much better than it was and the best : over the night, I gained 6°Celsius ! 
I'm so happy to see it done in such a short time !
It looks so much clean than before
Now you would think I stopped there
NO
I am "me" so I decided to start moving things around 
huge mess of everything, like things to sell, empty boxes of my BJDs, etc

This being done, I moved the big cupboard/shelves, to prepare them for the cutting part

as I can't explain well, I'll show with pictures : before the larger one was near the heating thing, I've been permuting this big one with the 2 smallers
I don't like the smaller ones, because they are deep but not large enough to put something that would be nicely displayed in. I'm asking François to destroy those 2 smaller ones, and use the parts to create one that should look a little bit like the larger one (1rst on the left on the pic will stay, the 2 smaller after will be destroyed, and the last very small metal one will be used elsewhere in the house. It should look like this (sorry for the awful drawing LOL)

this way I'll have space at the bottom for things actually on sale, next one for the 2 dollhouses I'm trying to repair, the 2 next ones will be for sylvanian things (that's where my seaside corner will be), and the top part  the  at the top should be perfect for things displayed, light in weight, be it craft things I made or maybe some dolls or ...who knows...
I don't know when we'll find courage, time, energy to do this, but at least the big one is settled at its definitive place, so it's gonna be easier now to move/remove what we want
Hopefully I'll manage to work in the attic, to create some space for things to sell, and ex husband things. I believe the divorce procedure should start sometimes around september, it's going to be a long and hard fight, that I'll face alone as I have no family or close friends. I know then I'll end with absolutely nothing, just I hope I can keep the house. For the rest I don't care. It means I'm searching even more a job, what is almost impossible to find here, mostly without a car, so I guess you are not going to hear me as much as before after the end of spring. That's also why I am working so hardly now, to keep my mind occupied, and low my stress 

2 commentaires:

  1. You did an amazing job! Such a big improvement!The room looks much cleaner and lighter than before. Well done!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you so much ! You are right, it really makes a huge difference on the clean/light size, if only I manage to clear some areas, it's going to be pleasant enough for I spend more time here :-) I used to be very stressed by this ceiling, with the room having no window it was really oppressing. I just start to "breath" better well here :-)

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...