jeudi 10 janvier 2019

Sylvanian post office

I finally got in the mail my poor post office, I knew it was missing many parts but I was afraid it could come broken or so (my last experiences were not really good)... but it came in perfect shape !


So : no sign, no furniture, no accessories, no awning... ouch...but for less than 4€...it's not that bad !
So, I created a sign, made of wood, on which I'll glue a printed paper, I saw some people on the web are offering to print for us a sign, so I'll probably ask for a "sylvanian post office" one, and ask if they can print it in the same colour as the one I used for the roof and awning, a kind of bordeaux with a touch of brown, my paper was a tiny piece  of wallpaper I got maybe 20  years ago LOL.
For the inside I used a paper from Action, it's a soft grey (the colour on the screen is not realistic) with dots, and the ground is a dark wood floor paper by Action too.
I'm planning to ask -if I find someone to make me the suitable front sign print- if they can re-do the red poster in a smaller size and same colour... Let's see !
For the awning, I've cut my wallpaper with the brand new scissors I got at the winter sales. It's the only thing I bought tho... I wanted to get cardboard, glue and such, but it was way too expensive, discounted things were not interesting at all... I almost left without a thing when I saw a set of 2 scissors for 2€... well...why not !
Everything is attached with double size tape from Action, 39cts the roll, it's really perfect. I don't like to modify definitively a building... unless it's totally damaged.


Now I have my eyes on a couple of auctions ending soon, maybe I can get a set of furniture for cheap (not the ones that came with this building), and accessories... I don't have much this month to life with, so... Nevermind, let's hope !

2 commentaires:

  1. I love your choice of wallpaper for the post office. I made my own out of a cardbox as it was imposible to get a decent building at a decent price.Now,I don´t even know where it is, probably it´s all smashed in one of my wardrobes. Hopefully, you can find some furniture for it or you can even make your own. Postman Pete Petite is one of my favourite sylvanians. A great addition to your collection

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. No luck with furniture up to now, but I'm not giving up :-) what is driving me mad is that we don't find plywood or so from local shops... Maybe I'll have a try with cardboard ?! Ohhh I hope you didn't smash your lovely post office ! It would be very sad ! As everything is getting very high in price here, and considering my desperate situation, I think I'll end making some building by myself, out of wood or cardboard... anything that I can recycle :-)

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...