samedi 12 janvier 2019

Cross stitch finish, dollhouse, destruction of the day

This is the destruction of the day : I made this huge "pèle-mêle" so many years ago. I had a use of it at that time... but my ex husband didn't like it, and came the day when I was sad to see it taking dust in the attic. I tried to sell it, but no matter how low the price was, it didn't sell... The frame is huge, costing yet quite a lot, there was this big piece of linen (around 15€), all the ribbons, the clips, and the time spent to stitch the center design. This morning I was fed-up, so I destroyed it all. I can recycle the frame, maybe, and I've just cut the center piece to keep a "memory" of my work. Sad, but done !

As we are speaking about destruction, I started working on the 2nd dollhouse, that is the same as the one I repaired earlier (not totally finished tho). This one is in a much poor shape. I really don't think I can save it, tons of heavy glue that doesn't go, the wood (plywood ?) is too fragile to scrub, there are a bunch of parts missing, some totally broken including one that is supposed to hold the roof... well, I'm giving it a try but I don't have big hopes... 


the right part is missing the bottom, the fence is missing sections, some have broken junctions... a nightmare !

To relax from all that stress, I decided to finish my Bent Creek, the one I made progress on (attaching wheels and rope to)

as I had no suitable frame (the finished area being 37cmx 13cm), as foam is too expensive for I get some and finish it as a "cube", I decided to make a... ??... rushed ?? ribbon, and attach it to the back, then make a sandwich out of 2 cardboard pieces, covered with fabric. Why black ? Because black is always the answer when you don't find the suitable colour LOL


that's a bunch of pliers, and a bunch of glue as well LOL

tada ! :-) another one finished !
Maybe someday, later, I'll add some fancy details, if I ever find some... but I don't have a shop selling those kind of things, nor great wood hangers like I see on all the american blogs like Priscilla's one... So for now it will remain a little bit boring... Let's say : classic LOL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...