jeudi 24 janvier 2019

Sylvanian tiny tree house redo


If you remember my post, I got this one in a lot, where everything was spoilt, broken, not complete, etc. It was missing a roof, so I did one, with wood, covered by an old wallpaper and to have it at the right angle, I've added beads to the front part. The beads show very brownish on the picture, but it's not showing up like this in true, the colour is more like the swing part.
 Then I had to remove all the stickers, trying to save them when it was possible (very old portrait ones)
 And finally I could work on the inside
I made a kind of mattress/sofa, & various pillows
Everything is sewn, I could have go for glue, but I wanted to be proud of my work so...
(perfectionnist mode settled)

the table is made of a small spool, wrapped with twine, the bottom is painted in the same colour as the roof is, and finally I've glued a water bottle cap on top of it

then glued some fabric over. I'm not totally happy with it, but it will be a good temporary one.
I have few furniture, can't get any 2nd hand ones at decent price, and the fabric wasn't cooperating, first I was just planning to put it like a real table cover, but.... pffffffffff

the lamp is from a playmobil old set, I made the basket with flowers, the poster on the wall is a part of a birthday card I got years ago. I've also attached (everything is taped only, nothing is glued) a straw hat to the door, to hide the discoloured spot left after I removed the sticker 

and voilà !
Now I need to create a scale to climb in the tree... 
I'm always missing things, it's like a never ending story

Oh, and I started working on my brand new tree house I just got at the sales.
I didn't plan to do a wallpapering but the roof clips are really ugly inside the house so...
no idea of what I can put inside, I try to find a suitable link to create a hammock, but for the lower stages... ??? Probably I'll get a barbecue if I find a cheap one, to place on the green ground, but for the 2 levels....I admit I have no idea at all ! 
As we are speaking of hammocks, isn't it...mean... from the designer to sell this house without one, when they've put the hooks for it ? Really ?! It's a toy that is about 70€ when you pay it at full price and there is no accessory... I have this sad feeling they are going to put less and less accessories, most sets are less detailled. People keep telling the new buildings are pretty, ornated much, but then if there is nothing to put inside... I'm glad I don't start collecting now, because I would hardly get things, too expensive, no accessories... argh

2 commentaires:

  1. I love how you decorated the tiny tree house. It feels so warm and cozy! I love the fabric you used for the cushions and mattress. It is really beautiful. The basket of flowers and the little table are lovely too.
    Your brand new tree house looks amazing with the green wallpaper. You did a great job! It looks much better this way. The choice of paper really suits it.
    You are right about the lack of accessories for such an expensive "building". I think it should include some basic furniture or at least the hammocks. I´m sure you´ll be able to furniture the inside. You can make a sofa and a table or you can try to make the hammocks yourself. I´m sure you´ll do a great job.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you so much !
      I think I'll try something, for the hammock... I wanted to get one from an ebay seller, 5€...well...why not... but she had this ridiculous 18€ shipping cost. OUCH. Ok, I think I'll try to make one instead heehee !

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...