dimanche 20 janvier 2019

Cross stitch and sewing finishes

After YEARS I decided to start finishing things that are waiting in boxes, boxes under boxes, and boxes hidden by a pile of boxes behind another one... and all those kits, waiting to be done in baskets, keeping company to the charts, waiting in a binder, just for the hypothetical & unlikely chance to see me having any interest in them... do you see what I mean ? Yep, years of a big mess of unfinished things.
I love taking part into challenges, as it's a great way to dig through those heaps of "last chance before the bin" things... and see if I can finish/stitch/sew some.
Here we go, thanks to Augustine Bobine who is offering those challenges quite often, I finished not only some matching the "reindeer/deer/moose" thema given, but some others as well...
Applauses for me LOL
Here is a first batch, be ready for many more soon !
tralala design, finished as a tiny "vitrine" because... it's all I had to frame it and I try to buy nothing (as far as possible) to finish what I have

the picture is awful, sorry, I couldn't find a way to take a better pic with the flash, and the house is very dark (because of all the fabrics/curtains/plastic sheets I had to use to try to make the house less cold) so I can't do without the flash....

Tilda. I'm not sure to keep it...

kit "cut and sew", old one, I believe it's my last kit 

can't even remember who the designer was, it's soooo old
It's not showing up but the fabric is hand-dyed, so it looks like a marbbled one

this is so old I can't remember who the designer was or when I stitched this.. LOL
I found a Mill Hill frame in my stash that is at the right size. Perfect ! I was so surprise to see there are 2 holes and a kind of rod at the back of the frame. It took me some time to understand it's working like a foot for the frame. Clever (and cheap). An idea I might re-use
Heart in Hand kit

Lizzie*Kate design, I used some sparklng thread for the hat, but it's not showing on the picture :-(
I used to like a lot this designer, but after she retired she did something I really found... weird and quite unfair (let's say it : un respectful) for the cross stitch shops... so I think I'll no more stitch things from her...I'll finish what I have, but my left over charts will all be sold, even if I didn't stitch the chart. It's the same with a couple of other designers (for other reasons) who will never get my money again... *deception*

2 commentaires:

  1. You are so talented, Arcadia. I love your cross stitch work.I used to cross stitch long long time ago. I found it very relaxing. Your creations look great. It´s a good idea to finish all these projects.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oh that's funny to know you did cross stitch ! I know very few people who still do or did... Here it was a kinf of fashion, everybody wanted to stitch...until patchwork showed up, so most of the stitchers switched to patchwork...until scrapbooking came, and then knitting, and then crochet... There were other fashions but I surely didn't pay too much attention. Cross stitched helped me much at a particular time of my life. I've been stitching like other people drink or smoke. Now I can hardly see the needle in my hand, and can't sit for a long time but I enjoy it more I believe, it's more a pleasure than a necessity... Now I wish I knew what to do with all my stash. At least let's finish whatever I can :-)

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...