samedi 1 juin 2019

Some news (Sylvanian related & not)

Hello !

I just come to give some news, and the very first is that I am SO happy to tell that Bois Joli's post office is going to be totally efficient now, because a little guy is flying to me. Yes, I found a Samuel postman, it was a bit overpriced (because of the silly shipping cost, 1.5 time the price of the item itself huh). François said it's going to be my gift to reward me for all the hard job I did at home, and the gift for my "feast". I'm not sure it's something celebrated in other countries, but here we have a catholic Saint for each day of the year, so on the day it's the Saint matching your name, you are kind of celebrating it. I believe it's a tradition that's getting lost because now people name their kids with foreign names, or even invent some... So I guess I'm now belonging to the dinosaurs team, having a name that's matching one LOL. Mine is July 27.
We usually don't celebrate much more than wishing people a happy-you-day, but some get flowers, or chocolates, or a little gift. Most of the time only a card. I've always been celebrating ALL the people's "day", but hardly celebrated mine as nobody cared. That's great to have "my day", finally :-) And mostly when there's Samuel Stamp involved hehe

So, for anything else, not much to tell beside that I've been working awfully hard at home, trying to prevent it from falling apart, I still have no clue if I'll be able to keep it, I wish so. Until then, I'm working as hard as I can. I no nothing about all those big home jobs, I'm learning by myself, and using tutorials on youtube (!)
My last big project is to finish the balcony that is on the 1rst floor, and it was NO fun at all. Huge holes in the walls, etc
I'm almost done with the major problems, now I need some finishing and doing a kind of concrete ground before I can try to glue the tiles... Wish me luck
I'm suffering much, I hardly sleep more than 30mn in a row. ALL my body is hurting, and if I know what the problem is (diagnosed by a foreign doc), here they just consider it's not interesting, they don't care. As I have no money to run from a doc to another until I find one that has knowledge about all those things, I just do nothing at all. I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrom, and endometriosis, plus a large amount of tumors here and there, and a weird other orphan illness. It's getting harder each day.

But I still work. Nobody wants to employ me, I get no social help (because I refuse to go living in one of those dangerous building in the middle of drug traffic and other wonders). Working at home is keeping me kind of alive. In a certain way...

I first tried to just fill the holes, gaps, etc


but it wasn't working well. So I started covering it all with a heavy coat of cement/resin/sand
There are a bunch of ugly junctions, but it was too painful, I had to do it over many days...

walls weren't finished, no corners, etc

can you see the gap I had to fill ?
I used a kind of rail made of metal, and started filling the missing corner with rocks and a kind of very sturdy concrete mix

it started to get better

after
I still need to change a part of the glass (broken), repair all the wood of the window, and the door is not better... argh

*
and then I coated the walls too. Why not ? LOL

before/after

I start to enjoy cement and concrete more than stitching LOL

Ok, so I'll be back soon I hope, to show you my last creative finds, I tried to order a couple of things online with the last money I had on my paypal account (we are talking about 12 euros, don't expect wonders LOL), I tried a couple of asian sellers for scrapbooking dies, ink for my stamping, etc. I have more trust in asian sellers than french ones, and I believe I'm true about it. Most french sellers are *** ***** like the one that is living 25km from home. I bought from her a used stamp set from Stampin'up, and after 2 weeks nothing came... Ah ?! I asked her. It took her 3 more days to tell me she had been busy but she'll try have it done this next week... HUH ?! "TRY" ???? No, do not try, DO IT ! And maybe telling me instead of having me wondering and waiting for nothing ? Or maybe telling "I'm sorry" ??? No ???? I sometimes wonder if those people were raised by wild boars. Or salmons maybe. Gosh, I had the ugliest parents in the world, they taught me nothing, but still I am telling things like "thank you", "I apologize", or ....Argh.....
 I'm going to let her know the bottom of my thoughts when (if) she finally sends it. No matter it's a 5€ thing. And if I don't get it by the end of next week, I'll start a paypal dispute. Grrrrrrrr. So ok, lesson learnt, I've been ordering several times in my own country and it always was a problem. People are just not serious. That's why now I'll get anything from elsewhere.
That was my "venting" moment, sorry so LOL


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...