dimanche 30 septembre 2018

Tiny haul (Action, Noz, Ebay) + news for my village

Hello ! 

I've decided to publish some news and pictures, mostly on my "private life" blog, but here as well. 

After selling another Pullip doll, I'm ready to let 2 others go (a Pullip and a Dal), as well as a couple of BJD. And a bunch of other things too... 

With the money I got myself a private bank account (finally managed it ! woohoo) not linked to my ex-husband one 


For those who live in a foreign country, I have to explain a couple of things for you see how mad my  country is....For exemple, if you are a woman who was ill and not working on your own (but doing much for charities), with a family account at YOUR name + your husband name, a woman who don't want to depend on social help and work it out alone with courage, when you husband leaves and let you alone with nothing but your eyes to cry the administration is punishing you all the way they can, like : you can't open a personal bank account. Yes... sounds silly ? Listen, it's more than this : you can't open a bank account if you can't prove your incomes, and you can't get incomes if you don't already have a bank account... Most of the time the French are bragging about our marrrrvelous country. This is making me sick. I asked for help at the social worker, who told me to deal with it. HUH. It's a pure luck that I found out there is only 1 solution, nobody mentioned it to me be it the lawyer, the social workers, etc... It's a SHAME ! Well, now that I have a solution to most of my technical surviving problems (I don't have money but I have a bank account LOL !), I can relax a litte bit. Not much because I've been even more ill, and I actually suffer silly. So, after paying for the account (much expensive than a simple one), I also paid for some wood coat, painkillers, and other supplies. Then I used the leftover to have some fun. I really need to have fun, no matter how...

First I ordered a very cheap die for my BigShot machine, I got it from ebay, we are talking about a 2€ thing. Here it is. You cut paper "leaves" and then can use them on a card, or build a tiny tree. Isn't it cute ?! It's SO cheap that I thought I can give it a try. Scrapbooking supplies are awfully expensive here, and you hardly find things (in my area, there is no craft store left, all closed except a Cultura, which is expensive and doesn't have a great choice)
isn't it cute ?!
I hope the postal services will not loose it... with my luck it's more than possible...

Then on ebay I got an hot air balloon for Sylvanian babies. I saw one a couple of times, and when I finally had the money it was sold. I wanted one with low shipping cost, and this one is matching my tiny budget ! As long as it didn't change the shipping cost, I added another little thing, a post box. I tried to add another thing, but then the shipping started to increase so ... no way.


I can't afford the baby windmill or primrose park, at least I'll have a balloon !

Then I had the chance to go to Noz and Action, 2 discounters (the shops are almost side by side, clever !), François was going there, so I could join him for the travel, and see if there is something new or interesting I can afford. 

Action :
I got another box of those cute resin pumpkins, they are so cheap it doesn't worth the time making them with polymere clay ! 

I was also SO happy to find 3 Christmas stalls kits. I could get 2 last year, and had no money to get more. There were 3 left only, so I got the 3 (less than 2€ each ! It doesn't pay the MDF !). Cheap, and really clever DIY kits



Now that I have 5, I'm planning to use one as a "beach shop" for my Sylvanian beach (I don't know yet what it's going to offer but I'll find out, someday... 
maybe it's going to offer shells, postcards, beach toys, flip flops, etc)
Another one is going to be a newspaper booth, one will go to the halloween tiny scenery, and the 2 last ones will be for my tiny Christmas corner. If I ever find cheap things for this. I have all the scenery (not Sylvanian) but no characters to go there :-(

Ok, then from Noz :
I already told you about a cute tiny kit I found when I could go to Lure, I found some more at the "local" Noz (still 30mn from home by car)
So I got those 2 cute ones


this one is the same I already got, just missing the box (I don't care)

and I bought a bag of "this and that"... I didn't know what was inside, but I decided to try my luck on it. Finally it had 2 kits inside (yeepeeeee). I don't know if those are complete or no, no decorating at all, but I can build the 2 "houses" so it's great ! They are bigger than the one I got boxed (on the left is the one I got in its box). I don't know what I'm going to do with those, but it's really cute, I'm sure I can use them to frame a tiny cross-stitched piece or use scrapbooking supplies, etc

I also got this bag of flowers and greenery, all the leaves are separated, so I think it can be nice to make a bunch of flower pots for my sylvanian town !

about this particular tiny kit, I first planned to use it the same way but I now believe that painted it could make a cute Sylvanian cupboard or shop display ! 


This week I'm going to town, so I'll probably try to get my hands on a BIG piece of cardboard or wood to make the surface for my sylvanian beach corner. I really wanted to have it in one piece to see no separating, but if it's too expensive or complicate to bring it home, I'll get 2 smaller ones... I tried several things for my water... I haven't find yet THE solution, but at least I know what is not working LOL

3 commentaires:

  1. Hi Arcadia!
    It sounds like you have been going through quite a tough and challenging time, I can only hope that things are improving. It all sounds very complicated!
    I can't wait to hear about how the leaf cutter goes, the leaves look very nice, what are you going to use them for? I am also looking forward to seeing the shops once they are finished, as well as the beach corner.
    Well, that's all for now, Emily

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ah, by the way, I got your re posted comment!

      Supprimer
    2. Yes, times are quite.... tough... and it's not the end... :-( but I have my Sylvanians to keep the focus on something cute and positive ! :-) I don't know what happened but I discovered either several of my comments here or on blogs got lost, or even weirder : sometimes the blog owner can see them... and me not ! LOL. I'm really excited by the leaves cutter. They say it's around a month to get those... but it's so cute and so cheap that I'm willing to wait ! I'd love to make some trees, I saw one on a blog, it was so... "fluffy" and funny... That's something I have to try ! Be sure I'll show the result ! :-D

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...