mercredi 19 septembre 2018

A bunch of this and that for my Sylvanian town :-)

First of all, I want to apologize, those last weeks have been so hard to deal with, I didn't spend much time on the web, to visit blogs and websites, but I'll be back soon to you. I had too many troubles with my house, my health, a bank problem, etc... I tried to face it all with courage, but somedays it's just too much :-(

Now let's go back to the "nice" part of life : Sylvanian Families
I didn't receive those yet, but they are on their way to my village.

First, I bought a 2nd hand set of sheep. I wanted the sheep family, but it was way too expensive for me. Not only the price of some families is crazy, but the shipping cost is awful, as most of the sellers go through the Ebay Global Shipping program. Fhhhhhhhh....After looking all over the world, I finally found one 100km from home, and the seller was nice enough to send them by the Post.
They are not "perfect" but I don't care much (I'm not the picky kind of "collector").... They'll need a bath, whenever I have time for this...

Then I also wanted BADLY the father (or grand-father) of the old moss reindeer family. Alas, again, prices are just silly.... I don't care much for their outfits, and the other members of the family are nice... but not as "special" as the father... I ended getting a cheap set, with the father, and 3 characters that are not in really good shape. Who cares ? Not me. I have my deer, and it's perfect to me. Maybe, later, I'll find some clothes for the others (who are they ? I believe they are all kids ???) - one of them is really used, he suffered quite a lot, the flocking is light.. poor little one, now I'm going to give him a funny life :-) 


and maybe then try to find the mother as well if she is the one missing... Oh well, I already miss the pig father, the squirrel mother (maybe they left together ? heehee), and a bunch of other characters, my village can host some other "single" parents or orphan children LOL. I bet I am the last person on this planet to NOT have the chocolate rabbit family - I only have Freya ... I feel like a rebel LOL

I also bought those mice on ebay, just because the price was low. I always wanted to find a family for my photograph, so here we go ! I don't know exactly who is who, but I can see the photograph (Cecil Maces) is there, maybe I'll simple get his outfit off, and transform it to create another character. Or trade it for another one... let's see ! Maybe someday I'll find a sister, to complete the family ! But until then, I need to identify the 2 "mothers" to see which one is "the" one. Maybe the extra Cecil + extra mother will become grandparents !

At the same time, I saw a Truffle family for sale. It's not in perfect shape, the mother has a spot on her head & miss her vest, and the father is missing a part of his outfit too (I don't care much, really !). It was not "that" high in price. I placed a bid, and totally forgot about it. When I got an invoice, I was a bit scared, I really didn't remember my bid LOL
So, an unexpected family is flying home

marrrrrvelous....

Finally I got a set of "this and that". Just because. Why not ?
 I plan to have the hedgehog join my pizzeria team, put the pretty sign in front of their future pizzeria (if I ever get a suitable building for this), and the other things will be a nice addition to my beach scenery ! It's cheap, it's cute, and I had the money (I sold a Pullip doll, yeepee)



4 commentaires:

  1. Your new families are very cute and will love to life in your village!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks :-) They'll soon have to work hard, the big "build-a-beach" session is coming soon hehe. I just need one more thing to start : a way to make my water "shine"... not really as easy as I 1rst thought it would be... (I'm reading the advice on Ashmimi blog

      Supprimer
    2. I haven't really made anything where I need a water effect. Ashmimi is really a great blog, she makes things look so much easier than they actually are though! Maybe for shine you could try some sort of clear glue, varnish or nail polish? No idea if any of my suggestions work but still. I can't wait to see the 'build a beach' project!

      Supprimer
    3. Yes, I'm with you on it : it looks soooo simple on her blog, but when we try to do the same it's another story hehe. Up to now I haven't found THE best idea, but I'm trying whatever I can :-)

      Supprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

3D card kit

  Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, my camera is acting silly, I couldn't use the flash. My printer is an ink one, it'...